Please note that the information here is not a substitute for professional care.
If you need urgent support or are worried about someone, please contact your local doctor or the agencies below.
If your need is life threatening, call 000.
Address: 11 South Street, Kogarah NSW 2217
Phone: 02 9350 1111
The ACCT is an 24 hour service. The Acute Community Care Team offers support in times of crisis as well as emergency mental health assessment in people’s homes and in the Emergency Department at St George Hospital. This service also provides short-term support for consumers after they leave hospital. You should call the Acute Community Care Team if you feel very emotionally distressed, are too unwell to come to the hospital and need someone to visit you at home, or feel you can’t cope with your symptoms or feelings.
Address: Sutherland Hospital, The Kingsway, Caringbah NSW 2229
Phone: 02 9540 7831
The Acute Community Treatment Team (ACTT) offers a 24-hour service providing support in
times of crisis as well as emergency mental health assessment in the home and in the
Emergency Department at the Sutherland Hospital. The ACTT offers after hours and
weekend support to people who are in the acute stage of their illness and who don’t want to
stay in hospital. Don’t hesitate to contact the Acute Community Treatment Team if you
feel very emotionally distressed, if you are too unwell to come to the hospital and need someone
to visit you at home, or if you feel you can’t cope with your symptoms or feelings.
1800 RUOKDAY (7865 329)
This number connects you to five of Australia’s crisis and information lines: Lifeline, Suicide
Call Back Service, Kids Helpline, SANE Australia helpline and beyondblue Info Line.
It’s a free call from any landline in Australia.
If you are calling from a mobile phone, call Lifeline on 13 11 14 to connect to 24/7 phone
counselling for free.
13 11 14
– 24/7 telephone crisis support, as well as online one-one-one crisis support (8pm-Midnight AEST)
Suicide Call Back Service
1300 659 467
– 24/7 professional telephone crisis support for people at risk of suicide, carers and bereaved, as well as online resources and information
1800 55 1800
– 24/7 telephone counselling for young people 5–25 years, as well as online and email counselling (check website for hours)
National Hope Line (Salvation Army)
1300 467 354
– 24/7 telephone counselling for people bereaved by suicide, as well as online resources and information
Online crisis and mental health information for young people 14-25 years
Online support for 12-25 year olds, including mental health, drug and alcohol issues
National Sexual Assault
Family and Domestic Violence Counselling Line
1800 RESPECT (737 7328)
– 24/7 confidential telephone counselling about domestic violence
1800 18 SANE (7263)
– Telephone mental illness advice and referrals, weekdays 9am–5pm
AEST, as well as online resources and information
1300 22 4636
– Info line for depression, anxiety and related disorders, as well as online
resources and information