School Readiness Program for 4 to 5 year olds
“Health and physical development, social and emotional development, language development, cognition and approaches to learning should be considered when promoting a child’s school readiness.”
In recent years, areas such as school readiness and school transition have received considerable attention. Our School Readiness Program is suitable for children with confidence, social-communication or play difficulties, including children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactoivity Disorder (ADHD) and Anxiety Disorder.
Children who attend this relationship and communication skills focussed program develop a positive sense of themselves, a desire for learning and social opportunities to develop fully as successful young students.
By enrolling in School Readiness Program, participants learn to:
- develop self-help skills
- transition from activity to activity with ease
- gain self-confidence and an excitement about going to Big School
- settle themselves in, unpacking and packing bags and lunches, sitting and having lunch with their peers during break time
- listening and attending in class
- regulating emotions and behaviours
- communicate their needs clearly and confidently
- play appropriately with their peers
The qualified Program Facilitator and assistants are trained to focus on the participants’ strengths and competencies and to cultivate an eagerness to learn. .
This intensive but fun program helps to familiarize children with general kindergarten routine and expectations and is offered in the week prior to Term 1, Monday to Friday from 9am to 11am daily.
For information on commencement dates or to book a complimentary 20 minute phone consultation with our Principal Psychologist to discuss suitability, please call the clinic on 02-9501 0286.